Friday, February 19, 2010

iLove

I've been really diligent about not using my phone in the car - been watching all those drama-driven PSAs with teens and regular folk having horrific accidents while texting and driving. Yah - It's a bad combo. But, I can't quite bring myself to commit to the full "No Phone Zone" pledge - it can't hurt anything if my iPhone is sitting next to me. Right? In the little console. Where I can keep an eye on it? (Maybe I could strap it into a carseat in the back and use one of those "check your kids" mirrors?)

But, this morning, I was in a hurry. I dumped my big gym bag into the passenger seat, and, not thinking about the safety of my iPhone, I put it on top of my bag. I was zipping along to work and a light changed faster than I anticipated. I stepped on the brake a bit hard, and then it happened: I did the "arm-swing-to the-side-in-vain-attempt-to-hold-back-person-in-passenger-seat" thing. (We've all done it to our kids and spouses, yes?) I actually had a vision about my iPhone cracking open on my windshield. Phone innards everywhere. Eeeew. But luckily my superhuman adrenaline-induced strength was able to hold back the entire pound and a half. Phew. That was a close call. I think I'm going to get that child seat. Because that's what good parents do. iLove.

No comments: